Rental Terms + Conditions
These items are for RENTAL ONLY.
Prices are for a rental period of up to 7 days (one week).
Short-term + long-term pricing is negotiable by phone or email.
1. RENTERS MUST BE 18 years of age, or older.
2. RENTAL TERMS: Renters are required to register as a new client before confirming an order with PROP BOX. Pricing and rental terms are for a 7 day rental period unless otherwise negotiated. Short-term and long-term rentals can be arranged. Pricing will be adjusted, however, renters must contact us to discuss. Prices are subject to change and orders must begin at $25 (minimum spend). Upon order confirmation, please inform us of your desired rental dates. If for any reason, the return date falls on a Holiday, items will be due back the next business day.
3. DEPOSITS + PAYMENTS: A HOLD or DEPOSIT may be required for first time renters. HOLDS/DEPOSITS are released once items are returned in good condition. In lieu of a security deposit in other cases, PROP BOX stores credit card information on file for incidentals such as overdue rentals, missing, damaged or destroyed items and/or cleaning fees. Upon execution of this Agreement, Renter authorizes backstage management to charge any fees or costs according to this Agreement. PROP BOX accepts cash, cheques, e-transfers, all major credit cards and HST (13%) is applied to all orders. Rentals shall be paid in full prior to or upon pickup. Production companies having to go through accounting must call in or email to confirm account and payment information with us.
4. HOLDS: If you wish to hold these items, you may select "pay upon pick up" at checkout. Please make sure to register as a new client and let us know about your project/dates.
5. DELIVERY OPTIONS: Please note that delivery is only available in downtown Toronto. If you are outside of the GTA please select pick up at checkout. We will confirm pick-up location details by email. We are currently located in the Dupont + Dufferin area.
6. PACKAGING: Items will be carefully packaged and ready for the scheduled pick up time. After confirmation, all rentals are prepared, protectively wrapped and placed in the appropriate PROP BOX bins. Renters agree to treat PROP BOX items with great care. Items are expected to be returned in the same condition to keep them safe and damage free. Items that are not returned in the appropriate PROP BOX bins are subject to a $30 charge.
7. HOLDS + PULLS: Renters requesting a hold on certain items must call in or email selects as well as provide contact information and dates. Some items may be subject to a hold fee of 10% per week. Renters requesting items we do not carry are subject to a sourcing fee, depending on the scale of the project.
8. REFUNDS + CANCELLATIONS: No refunds will be issued once a rental has been booked. This includes cancellation of the shoot or function, for whatever reason. Exchanges may be allowed on a case-by-case basis at the owner’s sole discretion.
9. LATE FEES: Late fees are applicable the next business day following the agreed upon return date. A fee of 15% from the original rental rate, per business day, will be applied. For example, a rental of $250 would incur a late charge of $37.50 per day and continues daily until items are returned and paid in full.
10. DAMAGES + LOSS: Any damages beyond the normal scope of prop usage will be charged to the individual, or organization and the associated credit card on file. PROP BOX will also retain ownership of the damaged items. Damages beyond reasonable repair will be considered a total loss (“Loss”) and the cost of the replacement value of the rental item(s) will be charged to Renter in an amount at management’s sole discretion. Remember that many of our items are antiques and as such, can be quite fragile. If an item is rented and any damage occurs, the Renter will be liable for damage fees up to the total replacement value of the item ($$$). Total replacement value is based on the amount it would require for PROP BOX to obtain a replacement of equal or greater value, including shipping and handling, and any other expenses it would take to obtain said item. Please do not keep our stuff... it is bad karma and it will cost you.
11. INDEMNITY: Renters shall take proper safeguards for the prevention of accidents or injury to person or property. Renters shall indemnify and hold harmless the owner, Prop Box management and/or its employees, associates, or contractors for all claims, suits, actions and all loss and expense including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, and costs of Renter in protecting its rights or property under this Agreement, and, on account of injuries to, death of, the damage to property or person connected to the work or use of the Renter involving the rental property. The Renter covenants that it will in respect of the equipment: (a) pay the rentals promptly when due (b) assume responsibility for them at current replacement values against fire and loss or damage from whatever cause arising out of, from or to, rental or equipment or the reasonable cost of repair or restoration (c) on termination of this Agreement return them to the owner at the expense and risk of the Renter.